100 shops gutted by fire in Comilla
21 January 2017, Nirapad News: At least 100 shops were gutted as a devastating fire broke out at Doulotganj Bazar in Laksam upazila on Friday night.
Deputy assistant director of Comilla fire service and civil defence, Farid Ahmed, said the fire broke out around 11.15pm and soon engulfed the entire market.
Informed, eight firefighting units from Comilla, Chandpur and Noakhali rushed to the spot and doused the blaze at about 2.00 am on Saturday.
The fire originated from an electric short circuit, he suspected.
The extent of losses from the fire could not be assessed immediately.