Update October 8, 2015

Dhaka 9-57 pm, 29-October, 2020

13 killed in Yemen wedding party attack

Sumel Sarker

Wedding Ceremony

13 killed in Yemen wedding party attack

8 October 2015, Nirapad News: At least 13 people are reported to have been killed in air strikes that hit a wedding in a rebel-held town in Yemen.

The attack happened in Sanban, about 100km south-east of the capital, Sanaa, witnesses said, reports the BBC.

It was not clear who was behind the attack but a Saudi-led coalition has been carrying out air raids against Houthi rebels.

Last month an air strike on a wedding party near the Red Sea port of Mocha killed at least 130 people.

The coalition denied it was responsible for that attack.

The latest incident was said to have struck a wedding party being hosted by a tribal leader who is known to support the Houthi rebels. At least 25 people were reported to have been wounded.

About 5,000 people, including 2,355 civilians, have been killed in air strikes and fighting on the ground since 26 March, when Houthi fighters and allied army units forced Yemen’s internationally recognized president to flee the country.

An estimated 21 million people – or 80% of the population – require some form of humanitarian assistance and almost 1.5 million people are internally displaced.

Visitor's Comment: ( The authorities are in no condition responsible for any comments of the reader)