30 shops gutted by fire in Comilla
21 December 2015, Nirapad News: At least 30 tin-shed shops were gutted in a fire which broke out at a market in Gouripur Bazar area of Daudkandi upazila on Monday morning.
Officials of Comilla Fire Station said the fire originated from an electric short circuit at a readymade garments shop of one Alamin at Khan Market in the area at about 7:30 am and soon engulfed adjoining 29 shops.
On information, four firefighting units from Comilla, Homna, Daudkandi and Chandina rushed to the spot and extinguished the blaze after two and half hours of frantic efforts.
Deputy assistant director of Comilla Fire Station Farid Ahmed confirmed the incident.
Khan Market owner Salam Khan claimed that the losses from the fire would go up to Tk 3 crore.