46 shops gutted in Satkhira market fire
Satkhira, 14 February 2015, Nirapad News: A fire broke out at Baliadanga Bazar in Kolaroa upazila early Saturday causing forty six shops to be destroyed.
The fire originated from electric short-circuit in a shop in the market around 1 am and soon spread to the adjoining business establishments, said Bhuttolal Gain, Chairman of Keragachi Union Parishad.
On information, a fire fighting unit rushed to the spot and brought the blaze under control.
The affected traders said that the extent of loss could go up to Tk 5 crore.