7 including a child burnt at Mirpur gas explosion
At least seven people including a child were burnt in fire following an explosion due to pipeline gas leakage at the city’s Mirpur area early today.
The fire burnt injured were Nawshin, 5, Shafique, 35, Suman, 40, Rawshan Ara,70, Rina, 50, Naznin, 25 and Renu, 35.
The sudden loud gas explosion took place at about 1am on Thursday night which injured seven people.
The injured were taken to Sheikh Hasina National Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute.
Some of the injured including the child are in critical condition. Nawshin was shifted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
“Gas pipeline leakage was detected at the bottom of our six-storey building two days ago and the explosion was happened last night,” said Rafiqul Islam, owner of the house located at Block-c of Mirpur section-11.
Resident Surgeon of Sheikh Hasina National Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute Dr SM Aiyub Hossain confirmed the case and said the injured are undergoing treatment at the emergency department.