Update July 17, 2016

Dhaka 5-51 pm, 24-July, 2021

Death toll from Turkey’s failed military coup has risen to more than 290

Mirajul Moin Joy

Death toll from Turkey's failed military coup has risen to more than 290

Death toll from Turkey’s failed military coup has risen to more than 290

17 July 2016, Nirapad News: The death toll from Turkey’s failed military coup has risen to more than 290, the Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Sunday, adding that more than 1,400 people were wounded.

Of the dead, more than 100 were participants in the coup, the ministry said, adding that there was no doubt the coup had been staged by followers of U.S.-based Muslim cleric Fethullah Gulen.

Gulen, who lives in self-imposed exile in the United States, has denied involvement in the attempt to overthrow the government, condemning it as an affront to democracy.

Visitor's Comment: ( The authorities are in no condition responsible for any comments of the reader)