Deposition in Kibria Murder Case March 30, 31
17 March 2016, Nirapad News: Deposition in the former Finance Minister Shah A M S Kibria Murder Case was not taken today as two of the accused were missing. The case is pending in the Speedy Tribunal Court of Judge Mokbul Ahsan. The next date for the hearing was set for March 30 and 31.
Public Prosecutor (PP) of the court, Advocate Kishor Kumar Kar, said that three witnesses were present in the court today. Of the 14 imprisoned accused 12 were produced, while two, former state minister for home affairs Lutfuzzaman Babar and temporarily suspended mayor of Sylhet City Corporation Ariful Haq Chowdhury, were absent.
Kar also said of the 32 accused in the case eight were on bail, 14 were in prison and 10 were absconding.
The case was transferred from the Habiganj district and sessions’ judge’s court for quick disposition on March 11, this year.
Earlier, charges were framed on September 13, last year, after six postponements.
The former finance minister was killed in Baidder Bazar of Habiganj Sadar on January 27, 2005 when grenades were lobbed at his meeting. The current general secretary of Habiganj district Awami League, Abdul Majid, filed two separate cases, one for murder and another under the Explosives’ Act regarding the incident.