Update September 14, 2015

Dhaka 1-59 am, 23-October, 2020

Egyptian forces kill Mexican tourists

Sumel Sarker

egyptian

Egyptian forces kill Mexican tourists

14 Septembar 2015, Nirapad News: Security forces in Egypt have mistakenly killed 12 people, including Mexican tourists, during an anti-terror operation, the interior ministry says.

The tourists were travelling in four vehicles that entered a restricted zone in the Wahat area of the Western Desert, a ministry statement said.

Ten Mexicans and Egyptians were also injured and are being treated in a local hospital, reports BBC.

The ministry said it had formed a team to investigate the incident.

Mexico’s President Enrique Pena Nieto condemned the incident and said he had “demanded an exhaustive investigation by the Egyptian government”.

The Mexican foreign ministry confirmed that at least two of its national had been killed and said it was working to confirm the identities of the other victims.

In a statement, it said Mexico’s ambassador in Egypt, Jorge Alvarez Fuentes, had visited the local hospital and spoken to five Mexicans who were in a stable condition.

Visitor's Comment: ( The authorities are in no condition responsible for any comments of the reader)