Fire kills a man in Purana Paltan
28 February 2015, Nirapad News: A man has died after inhaling toxic fumes during a fire that broke out at a multi-storied building in the capital’s Purana Paltan area early Saturday.
The deceased is Anwar, 42, a Security Guard of 10-storied Swadesh Tower building
Ataur Rahman, duty officer of the Fire Service control room, said the fire broke out at the office room of a private firm on the third floor of the 10-storied Swadesh Tower building around 5:20 am and soon engulfed the entire floor.
Being informed, six firefighting units rushed in and doused the flame after one-and-a-half hours of frantic efforts.
“The firefighters rescued four people from the floor and dimwitted them to Dhaka Medical College Hospital where doctors declared Anwar dead,” added Ataur.