Five more Spring Beauty Tips
12 March 2016, Nirapad News: Spring has sprung. But what about your beauty routine? Could that do with an edit and a shakeup too? Or at least a taking stock?
These five spring beauty tips will help you emerge from winter’s hibernation in preparedness for the warmer months ahead.
1. Buy a new lippie. Nothing cheers you up more in the makeup department that a fresh lip color. Try something new – something that offers a pop of color. Then wear it often.
2. Book a makeup consultation. Either choose your favorite makeup counter or book in with a professional makeup artist for a one-on-one lesson. Better still, grab a group of girlfriends and make a fun afternoon of it.
3. Try a spray tan. I’m a regular in this department – especially at the beginning of spring when my legs are not spring-ready. I feel more confident in spring/summer clothes with a light tan. The trick is finding a tanning salon that believes in less is more. If trying for the first time, don’t do it before an event – do it as a trial when the pressure is not there for it to look perfect. More tips here.
4. Switch out your body moisturiser for gradual tan. Don’t want to go down the salon route when it comes to fake tanning? Gradual tan is pretty much fool proof. Apply every day and exfoliate it all off every couple of weeks.
5. Consider a new cut or color. Many people choose to make radical changes to their hair with a fresh season. I’m all for change but do think it over and talk to your hairdresser about it. Trust their input. A good hairdresser will encourage change but will guide you gently towards it.