Gonojagoron Moncho rejects Jabbar verdict
24 February 2015, Nirapad News: Gonojagoron Moncho has rejected the tribunal verdict that sentenced war criminal Mohammad Abdul Jabbar to imprisonment unto death.
Moncho spokesperson Imran H Sarkar made the statement in his reaction immediate after the verdict was pronounced on Tuesday afternoon.
He said: “We do not accept the verdict. No punishment is acceptable other than death sentence for the war criminals.”
“We urge the prosecution to appeal against the verdict,” he added.
Protesting the verdict, the pro-liberation platform planned a torch procession from Shahbagh intersection.
Earlier in the day, war criminal Abdul Jabbar was given imprisonment unto death by the International Crimes Tribunal 1.
The three-member International Crimes Tribunal 1, led by Justice M Enayetur Rahim, found Jabbar guilty in all the five charges brought against him.
Justice M Enayetur Rahim said they have unanimously agreed that Jabbar deserved the highest punishment for his crime. But, he was given imprisonment until death considering his age.