Kibria murder case charge hearing Sunday
13 Septembar 2015, Nirapad News: The hearing on the charge framing in the ex-Finance Minister Shah AMS Kibria murder case will be held on Sunday.
Earlier on September 6, Sylhet Divisional Speedy Trial Tribunal Judge Maqbul Ahsan fixed the date for the charge framing after it deferred it for nine times earlier.
The court shifted the date to September 13 as all 14 accused but sacked Sylhet city mayor Ariful Haq Chowdhury was absent at the court due to his illness.
Sylhet central jail senior jail super Sagir Mia told that all accused in the case would be produced before court Sunday morning.
He said sacked Sylhet city mayor Ariful Haq Chowdhury, one of the main accused in the case, has been brought to Sylhet jail from Dhaka on Wednesday dawn.
On the other hand, former minister Lutfuzzaman Babar was brought on Saturday evening and other 11 accused including Huji leader Mufti Abdul Hannan were also brought from Dhaka Central Jail around 10: 30pm.
Public prosecutor of the court Advocate Kishore Kumar told that 13 accused including former state minister for home affairs Lutfuzzaman Babar and Mufti Hannan were produced before the court.
“But the police could not produce Ariful Haq Chowdhury as he was ill,” he added.
The court also asked the authorities concerned to report Ariful’s health condition through forming medical board by the next hearing date.
On January 27, 2005, four people, including Kibria, were killed in a grenade attack while addressing a rally in Habiganj district.