Novak Djokovic 2015 milestones
10 November 2015, Nirapad News: Novak Djokovic ended the ATP regular season on Sunday with a 6-2, 6-4 win over Andy Murray in the final of the Paris Masters. It culminated one of the greatest years for any player in the history of tennis.
Here are some of the milestones that Djokovic achieved.
– First player to win three Grand Slam titles and six Masters 1000 series titles in the same year.
– First player to reach 14 straight finals in a calendar year.
– Won 22 straight matches from August 23 until his win in Paris.
– Took his haul of Masters 1000 series titles to 26, just one shy of all-time leader Rafael Nadal.
– Became the first men’s player to win more than $16million in prize money during a season.
– Became just the third man in the Open era — after Rod Laver and Roger Federer — to play in all four Grand Slam finals in a single year.
– Finished the regular season with a 78-5 win-loss record, the fourth best in history.