Nur, Dulal admit guilt over Rajon murder
22 July 2015, Nirapad News: Two accused, video-man Nur Miah and tea-stall owner Dulal Ahmed gave confessional statements over Rajon murder before the court on Tuesday.
The court of Metropolitan Magistrate M Anwarul Haque recorded the statements of Nur and Dulal as per section 164 from 3:45pm and 6:00pm.
Citing the statements, senior assistant police commissioner (prosecution) of Sylhet court Abdul Ahad Chowdhury said, “Nur claimed that he was not involved in the killing and Dulam claimed that he beat Rajon but he was not the main reason of the death. Four or five people were involved in the murder, among them one is Rasel”.
Investigation officer of the case and also officer-in-charge (OC) of Sylhet Metropolitan Detective Branch (DB) of police Suranjit Talukdar said both accused have confessed their guilt.
Earlier on Monday, another accused security guard Moyna Mia gave confessional statement.
On July 15, locals handed over Nur and Dulal to the police.
On July 8, Samiul Islam Rajon, 13, was beaten to death in accusation of stealing a rickshaw van at Kumargaon of Sylhet sadar upazila.
A 28-minute video clip on the brutal torture to the boy to death has gone viral on the internet, creating a firestorm on the social media.