Rickshaws permitted during limited lockdown
All types of public transport services except goods vehicles and rickshaws will remain suspended across the country from Monday during a three-day limited lockdown.
A notification in this regard has been issued by the Cabinet Division on Sunday.
The government has announced the lockdown from Monday to Thursday morning to check the transmission of Covid-19.
According to the notification, considering the current situation of coronavirus infection, five new conditions have been added to the continuation of all previous restrictions. Restrictions will be in place for the next three days from 6.00am on Monday to 6.00am on Thursday, it said.
The conditions are-
1. All public transport services except freight vehicles and rickshaws will remain suspended across the country. The law enforcers have to ensure the matter through regular patrols by the forces.
2. All shopping malls, markets, tourist centers, resorts, community centers and entertainment centers will be closed.
3. Food shops, hotels and restaurants will be able to sell food (online/takeaway only) from 8 am to 8 pm.
4. Government, private offices have to bring in and take only the required number of officers and employees in the management of their respective offices.
5. It needs to run more publicity campaigns to wear masks to aware public and take legal action should be taken where necessary.