SA women cricket team’s tour postponed
04 November 2015,Nirapad News: South Africa has joined Australia in putting on hold a cricket tour of Bangladesh.
After deferring the visit of its women cricket team’s tour of Bangladesh once, Cricket South Africa (CSA) has now postponed the tour indefinitely.
The team was scheduled to arrive in Dhaka on Tuesday to play three ODIs and four T20 matches.
On Monday, CSA informed the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) that they have postponed the tour, Bangladesh Cricket Board CEO Nizam Uddin Chowdhury.
In a statement on Tuesday, CSA said a postponement was ‘necessary’ as their full squad was not available now ’.
“This is most unfortunate as a number of our players are not available for the tour because they have personal security concerns, work or the end of year study and exams at this time of year”, it quoted CSA’s CEO Haroon Lorgat saying.
It said they are currently working with the BCB to reschedule the tour.
Australia had earlier put on hold the tour of Bangladesh by its men’s cricket team, citing security concerns.
In fact, on the day the Cricket Australia’s security chief was in Dhaka for assessing the situation, unidentified assailants killed Italian aid worker Cesare Tavella on Sept 28.
Bangladesh has, however, been cleared to hold the Asia Cup in February 2016.
India and Pakistan play in the Asia Cup, though they have not played each other in a bilateral series in a while.