Taking care of bronze decor items
01 Septembar 2015, Nirapad News: Bronze artifacts can be an enviable part of a home’s decor, if kept with utmost care. Here’s a look at 8 ways of ensuring the same.
1) Bronze items should usually be cleaned using a dry piece of cloth.
2) If you are planning to clean the bronze item at home, do it with a cotton cloth only. You can alternatively also use a dry sponge for cleaning.
3) If the bronze item is small or has a lot of crevices and tight spots, try using a soft bristled toothbrush to rub the paste to reach these areas and clean them.
4) Though occasional polishing make bronze items look shiny, using these methods too often may have the opposite effect, reducing the luster of bronze.
5) Maintain your bronze items by regular dusting and rinsing; regular care will keep your bronze looking it’s best and lessen the need for more frequent polishing.
6) When you rinse your bronze items, be sure to dry thoroughly.
7) There are some commercial polishes available for bronze in the market. Since some of these polishes maybe harsh, use them sparingly to clean your bronze decor pieces.
8) You can also try using homemade ingredients like lemon or a soap-free detergent to clean your bronze items at home.