Ten houses gutted in Sylhet
11 March 2015, Nirapad News: A fire burnt down 10 houses of a shelter project at Ashampara in Jaintapur upazila of the district on Tuesday night.
Senior Station Officer of Sylhet Fire Service Jabed Hossain M Tareque said the fire originated from an electric short circuit around 9 pm and soon engulfed nine other adjoining houses.
On information, three firefighting units rushed to the spot around 10 pm and doused the flame before the fire spread to the other houses at the shelter project.
Jabed Hossain said the extent of loss caused by the fire would go up to Tk10 lakhs.