Ten kitchen hacks for lazy cooks
06 December 2015,Nirapad News: If you are among those who like to spend minimum time in the kitchen, there are indeed some shortcuts that can save a lot of time and energy. Here are some tested and tried tips that you must use when in dearth of time.
1. You can freeze your sauce chutneys spice mixes and purees and melt them as and when you want to use.
2. Microwave bread till it turns crisp and grind it to a coarse powder.
3.To give an exotic twist to your desserts, serve them in orange skin or covers of other fruits from which the flesh has been scooped out.
4. Store your spices only after roasting them, so that they cook faster.
5. Add 2 tsp cashew paste to your curries for a better taste. But add them at the end of the cooking process.
6. To thicken your soup scurries, add mashed potatoes.
7. To cook fries and papads in minutes apply oil on both sides with your palm and microwave them for minute.
8. Add salt when you saute onions to make them cook faster.
9. Fry onions, green peas, chopped carrots in butter and add to your instant noodles while being cooked. Your quick fix dinner is ready!
10. If you have to make finger chips again and again, because reheating them makes them soggy, you can use this method-Place them in a glass bowl, cover with a cling film and then microwave them. It will keep them crisp.