As the coronavirus situation continues to worsen again, the book fair decision will be postponed, said State Minister for Cultural Affairs KM Khalid.
“We should take new decision if the situation to hold the fair is not favourable,” the State Minister told this at a press briefing at Bangla Academy on Tuesday.
The briefing was held ahead of inauguration of the book fare on March 18.
“Pandemic will not be invited. In this circumstances, we would take tougher decision over the issue,” KM Khalid added.
Earlier this morning, DMP Additional Commissioner Krishna Pado Roy ensured that there is no attack threat on the book publishers.