Four members of a family suffered burn injuries in gas cylinder explosion at a house in the capital’s Mugda area on Monday morning.
Injured Shefali, 55, her daughter Priyanka, 30, Priyanks’s husband Sudhangsho, 36, their son Arup, 5, have been admitted to Sheikh Hasina National Institute Of Burn And Plastic Surgery.
Shefali’s son Polash said, “My sister came to our house on Saturday for her husband’s treatment.”
The explosion occurred on the ground floor of a five-storey building around 7am when a match stick was lighted in the kitchen, he said.
Surgeon SM Ayub Hossain, resident physician of the hospital, said the condition of the four are critical.
Priyanks’s condition is slated to be very critical as 72 per cent of her body has been burnt.